A lot of times in corporate America women are afraid to be fashionable in fear that their wardrobe might overshadow their work performance. Another fear factor is that most women don’t want to be identified as the office distraction. In popular industries such as oil and gas, accounting, sales and etc., the office uniform is pretty standard amongst women. Blue or blacks suits, knee length skirts and white button downs, and mundane sweaters paired with dark slacks. However as the age old saying goes, when you look better you feel better. So long are the days of dull colors and unflattering wardrobes, we compiled a list of ways to take your work wardrobe to the next level.
- Don’t be afraid to add a pop of color into your look. A colored blouse or pump can make a huge difference in your outfit.
- Pinstripes are a great way to switch up from your basic slacks, plus they instantly lengthen your frame.
- A patterned jacket or blazer is a great way to liven up your outfit.
- Add a little edge to your outfit, trade in your blazer for a trendy biker jacket.
- Switch up your purse. Get rid of your basic black shoulder bag and try rocking a hot pink purse or a patterned clutch.
- Trade in your classic black pumps for a sexy strappy heel.
Try these few minor changes and we guarantee you’ll feel like a brand new woman walking into work.